Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Let it Happen

It has previously been against my nature to be an advocate to this phrase 
but as I have pondered I have found some great truth in it.

A very dear friend of mine once coined this phrase and I mocked it,
In another setting my counselor spoke the same phrase 
and I laughingly rejected it.
At another point in my life while seeking advice on how I can make 
my mission an amazing life-changing experience, 
my beloved mission president spoke the previously stated words. 
"You don't make it happen, You let it Happen..." 

The 'coincidental-ness' of all this lead me to ponder it deeper 
and to compare it to the truths I know.

We are Children of our Heavenly Father, 
we are here on earth to learn and grow. 
As part of our mortal progression we have the 
opportunity to choose between good and evil.

To 'Let it Happen' does not mean to give full sway to the 
influences of evil and temptation, there's more to it.

We have been given this earthly experience
with the purpose to succeed.
Our Heavenly Father knew it would be difficult 
and that we would make mistakes.
So He provided a Redeemer and Savior,
Our Lord Jesus Christ.
He paid the price for our sins, 
provided the perfect example, 
and taught His Gospel that through it
we may be cleansed from sin
and return safely home
back to our Heavenly Father's presence.

The First principle of His saving Gospel is to have FAITH.
This mortal experience is for the purpose to have us grow. 
We are like clay in the Potter's Hands.
He is molding us into something far greater than we can see.
In this mortal life we may never understand why we had 
to go through the trails and tribulations we did.
I believe as we all reflect back we will never regret the 
Growth of Character that has come as a result. 

Now whenever I go through experiences that are painful and I doubt here are some things that I have come to remember.

I don't know what the future holds but I know who holds it

Trust a known future to a known God

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths."
-Proverbs 3:5-6 

He is helping you become 
"The Glorious being that He sees that 
you are capable of becoming" 
-President Boyd K. Packer  

I know that are Redeemer lives and because of Him we can be renewed and strengthened through His atonement daily. I know my Heavenly Father's love for me and for all of His children is real and eternal. It it His whole work and His glory for us to come Home to Him. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment