Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sacred Promises

God loves us so much that He has provided temples for us 
 where in these last days, through priesthood authority, 
we are able to make sacred and saving ordinances or promises
with Heavenly Father necessary to return back to His presence.

A couple months back a dear friend of mine and I 
put aside the craziness and stress of a daily schedule 
against the literal winds and storms of life,
we walked up the hill to this beautiful place.

Inside we felt God's love and goodness as we performed 
proxy ordinances of baptism for those who have passed away.

We were reminded of the promise we made to 
"Stand as a witness of God at all times,
in all things, and in all places.
That ye may be redeemed of God...
that ye may have eternal life."
-Mosiah 18:8-10
 
As we stepped outside those doors my soul longed for that 
wonderful Spirit to still linger.
Much to our joy we saw how the winds that we 
had pushed through to make it up the hill had turned into
the last afternoon sunshine being illuminated 
by a rush of storm clouds that had passed over as we were inside.

A sweet and favorite primary song of mine came to mind:
 
I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
and ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again...
I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away
and I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.
 
Even though we had to step 'back into the world' in a way
with its storms and craziness.
I could look at the storms as a means to be cleansed by the rain.
Through covenants we can be in the world but not of the world. 
God always keeps His end of the promise.
As we fulfill our end and always remember Him.
We can feel of His sustaining power in our lives.

There is no better way to live.

"Sacred covenants are to be revered by us, and 
faithfulness to them is a requirement for happiness." 
-President Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment