Wednesday, January 29, 2014

King's Peak

This past summer I joined with family and friends in  climbing the tallest mountain in Utah.
We were starting off on a big adventure, standing at the base and I had no idea how I would endure that long of a hike- I had never gone that length nor that altitude before. 
The whole way my hand was in the grasp of one who had walked this trail before, enduring every valley, hill and summit that I would encounter. He had been where I will go.
 
 I did not think I would be able to do it, I had doubts and I really didn't want to go forward but he believed in me, he knew I could do it and he promised me that he would never leave my side.
He held my hand the whole way.
When I would get tired and wonder why I was doing this I would just look at him and I would remember why I was out there. This same man who led me all the way and was willing to walk every step with me and gave me encouragement and assurance whenever I needed.
He promised me that the end would be well worth it. I didn't know what exactly would be there at the end but I knew if I could be with Him the rest of forever no doubt all of these labors and every step would be worth it.
The climb was necessary to make our relationship even stronger.
There's a reason why we can't quite see the end yet.
All I know is that I am on a journey. Someone is holding my hand and guiding me because He wants me to see and feel the great fulfillment and view that comes after putting exercising faith in Him.

 
This mortal life is similar to this mountain trek. Right now we can't see the end result- all of the wondrous glorious blessings which our loving Heavenly Father has in store for us.
 
"Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him." -1 Corinthians 2:9
 
All we can do is love and trust the One who marked the path and lead the way for us. Even those moments when exhaustion over takes your body, your hiking up a steep hill and still can't even see the top, or even if dark storm clouds loom overhead.
Our Savior, Jesus Christ is always there with us, He has overcome it all so that we don't have to do it alone.
 
words to my favorite hymn #41
That glorious rest will then commence
Which prophets did foretell,
When Saints will reign with Christ on earth,
And in his presence dwell
A thousand years, oh, glorious day!
Dear Lord, prepare my heart
To stand with thee on Zion's mount
And nevermore to part.
 
Hiking King's Peak, Summer 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment