Thursday, February 12, 2015

His Light

I've learned a lot while having the blessed opportunity 
of serving a 18 month mission in Washington and Oregon.

One thing I have come to appreciate dearly is Light.
I didn't understand why it was suggested to take a Vitamin D supplement daily, 
but then I came to understand that for months on end the sun is a little shy. 

Some days I would feel like I had never fully woken up. With no sunlight instantly casting its brilliant rays upon you right as you stepped outside a lot of days it just felt like this dark warm grey blanket was still covering you.  

I have claimed to be solar powered and so days like this would have a big effect upon my mood. It was easy to feel tired, sluggish and unmotivated. 

I knew I needed to seek another light source
and that very source that I needed was what I had chosen to give 
18 months of my life to share with these very people. 

That is the light and the truth of the 
Everlasting Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Through the experience of the mission, with its heartaches and its miracles I came to know to what source I can always rely on.

God is so aware of us. He is our Loving Heavenly Father.
He can never and will never abandon us.  

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way that we can find  
"peace in this life and eternal life in the world to come."  
-Doctrine and Covenants 59:23
That is a promise and it is the thing that is of the greatest worth.

Just like the sun in the sky it is always there. Whether or not we always feel it, that does not deny its existence.




"Your Heavenly Father loves you—each of you. 
That love never changes. 
It is not influenced by your appearance, by your possessions, 
or by the amount of money you have in your bank account. 
It is not changed by your talents and abilities. 
It is simply there. 
It is there for you when you are sad or happy, discouraged or hopeful. 
God’s love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve love.  
It is simply always there."
-President Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment